I had purchased two numbers Voltas Window 1.0 Ton 12 2 ZX 2 star air conditioners from M/s Rathna Cools Pvt. Ltd., T.Nagar, Chennai vide Invoice No. 3759 dated 15th April 2013.

The full value of the air conditioners was collected in advance. M/s Rathna Cools Pvt. Ltd., promised to deliver the two air conditioners on 16th April 2013 and have them installed the day after the delivery. However, they have not bothered to deliver the air conditioners till date (14.6.2014). A week after having collected the full value of the products from me, I received a call from Rathna Cools Pvt Ltd and I was told that the model that I ordered were not available and hence they will be sending some other model !!. I refused to accept the same because when I approached the show room to purchase the air conditioners, there were two models on display one was called a Vertis Plus and the other was the ZX model. I was told then that the Vertis model production had been stopped and spares for the same will not be available and that I should go for the ZX model. based on this input I purchased the ZX model. Subsequently I was told that the ZX model is oudated and the vertis model is a better model and they can only supply the Vertis model to me which is a superior model. I went to the show room and found that this Vertis model was cheaper than the ZX model !!. The salesmen tried to fool me by saying that I can get the Vertis model which is a superior model for the price of the ZX model.

This is a clear case of attempt to cheat, trying to palm off a cheaper outdated model at the price of a newer model.

Though they have secured the entire payment in advance now Rathna Cools private Ltd., is refusing to supply the purchased product but happily sitting on my cash. When I wanted to speak to a Voltas personnel, I was given the number (land line) of one Mr. Praveen, whom I was told was the Regional Head for sales in Voltas. I explained the situation to him. But he also stated that some mistake was done my Rathna by overbooking and that I should take the Vertis Model. I suggested that he check out what went wrong and revert to me, which he promised to do but has not bothered to contact me even after three days since my complaint.

So it is not clear how the Tax issues are handled by them in such instances and therefore needs to be brought to the attention of the sales tax authorities.

Several complaints to Voltas and Rathna fan house Chennai have yielded zero result. I have neither received the Air conditioners nor has my money been returned.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 14, 2013.

Comments

Delhi, Delhi, India #664813

Dear Sir

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is to inform you that your concern listed 14 jun 2013 has been noted and our team is working on it. We shall call you within the next 24 hours to give an initial update on the status of your complaint. For any further clarifications, please write to us at voltasallweather@gmail.com and kindly mention your complaint number (239606) in your subject line.

Thank You for your cooperation.

Regards,